But when it comes to communication with kids, you might face the following issues:
- Inexplicable aggression;
- Unwillingness to accept your friendship;
- Reluctance to accept your power;
- Psychological and emotional incompatibility;
- Conflicts triggered by insignificant circumstances;
It doesn't mean that dating a woman with a child is a burden. What can you do to fight the demons and develop a happy and healthy family relationship?
Dating When You Have Kids: Fire the Starting Gun
Introduce yourself. Start with a friendly and meaningful conversation about the needs and interests of a child no matter how strange they might seem to be. Your aim is to demonstrate that a kid should not be afraid to share anything with you. Statistics say that stepdads and stepmoms often turn out to be more appealing to the kids than their blood relatives.
- Don't spoil the first impression;
- Regardless of the kid's age, be polite and respectful as if you're talking to an adult (unless you're dealing with a toddler);
- Find common ground at least in minor things;
- Never rat on the kid – if you feel like your partner's daughter or son does something wrong, try to contact a child on your own and demonstrate that you can be trusted;
- Involve the kid even in the insignificant family and household duties – lay the table, go shopping, prepare the meals, dust the furniture, and do anything you might find necessary together.
It's especially crucial if you're dating a woman with 3 kids or more. These little people should become a part of your team. Don't demonstrate unreasonable aggression and be always open for a conversation.
Dating Someone With a Child: PROs and CONs
|You don't have to give birth to more kids because your younger generation is already developing.||No matter how hard you try, you won't be able to avoid the connection with her past. Dating a divorced woman with a child is about regular contact with her former husband and his relatives as well.|
|You won't need to get through pregnancy together (if you've already been through it, you understand that it's not the most pleasing experience).||Dating a recently divorced woman with kids means that you will always be compared with your predecessor. It's a common thing, even if you turn out to be significantly better.|
|You get a woman who has already experienced a lot, and it will help you to run the household together and face routine life troubles with ease.|
Dating a Divorced Woman With Kids: Be Wise
Dating someone with children is an entirely different experience. Of course, everything depends on how healthy her previous relationship was. Some people are not destined to be with each other, and they find decent ways to part without producing a painful impression on the kids. Nevertheless, a number of toxic family relationships is unbelievable. Dating people with kids is about emotional challenges.
- A divorcee has been through failures that has altered the way she sees the world. Invest some time in figuring out what exactly she wants from life. If you manage to understand what she needs from life, she will do the same in return because she doesn't need unnecessary drama any more.
- Dating someone with kids who is divorced is about helping a partner accept her changed personality. Inspire her and support her initiatives of changing herself for you and your future. It's about her child as well because children may consider divorce an emotional trauma. You should help both of them to recover.
- Don't interfere with her career plans even if you find them odd. Dating a divorced woman with kids means contributing to all her initiatives because now she has to take financial and emotional concerns on her. Late her take charge of her destiny and find fulfilment in the professional sphere.
Dating a Recently Divorced Woman With Kids: New Responsibilities
It may be not so important on the initial steps of the relationship. If you have far-fetched plans while dating a woman with a kid, you'll have to accept a child and realize that he or she is also a part of your interaction.
If you are dating a woman with 4 kids or more, think twice before you proceed with courting and demonstration of your serious intentions. Are you ready to bear this burden of responsibility? Is this actually a burden for you or not? Will you be able to offer financial support when needed?
- Dating a girl with a child implies your ability not to treat your partner as a possession. It may both ruin your relationship with your partner and with her kid as well.
- You should understand that a kid is her full responsibility, and she will consider his/her needs first no matter how deeply she loves you.
- Demonstrate caring and respectful attitude to your lady's offspring. This will produce a very charming effect.
- Never let yourself discuss your partner's former husband because this hurt a child's feelings and break the father-daughter or the father-son connection.
Dating a Separated Woman with Kids: No Sympathy & More Sincerity
Make sure you never express sympathy with a partner when dating a woman with a kid. Love is the most significant driving force of a meaningful relationship.
- A recently divorced woman does not need anyone's sympathy because it triggers negative emotions;
- Listen to her worries and let her complain about anything she wants but don't sympathize – suggest the ways out of the situation or provide her with sensible advice;
- Demonstrate a willingness to be a part of her and her kid's life – this will help you beat the anxiety and excessive tension.
Dating a Widow with Children: Be Careful
Dating someone with a child may be challenging if it's your first time. Dating an older woman with kids after her husband's death is even more tricky. You'll have to find ways to provide a comfortable and calm psychological atmosphere. To break the tension, try the following:
- Accept the grieving process as an essential thing. It's a regular emotional reaction of any sensitive human being. A woman with kids is usually even more depressed because she has responsibilities to deal with in addition to her psychological state.
- If you're dating a single mom with 3 kids after the death of her partner, take your time to arrange a sufficient number of group activities to help each one in your company distract attention from the negative situation.
- Dating a girl with a kid after their husband and father passes away means helping them remember only the positive things about their dead family member.
Dating a Widower with Grown Children
Dating after divorce with teenage children is especially hard if you haven't had that much of communication experience with teens. Teenagers may be emotionally imbalanced, and the death of a parent may significantly bring down the whole attitude to life. If you're dating a woman with 2 kids, and one of them is a teenager, stick to the following tactics:
- Don't try to behave as if nothing serious has happened trying to demonstrate that you're wiser and know more about the death of close people than a grown child. It will look insulting.
- Dating a widower with kids of all ages may lead to unpredictable results. The best way to win the trust of a child is to become a friend. Try to find out whether you have any secrets to share away from the mother. Dating woman with kid means commonalities regardless of the generation gap.
- Let the teenager understand that you don't know everything and you are open for new knowledge. Ask questions, demonstrate your interest, share knowledge and be critical about your opinion – this way, you'll deserve a teen's trust.