There are many myths and misconceptions about the treatment of Muslim women, and detractors tend to blame the faith rather than specific cultural or political norms.
In actuality, the Quran regards women as being of great importance. To be an Islamic wife is to be your husband's equal partner, supporter, and helper in life and their spiritual path together. Although the family's well-being is their priority, women in this culture feel underappreciated for their efforts in society.
For generations, Muslim women have not enjoyed the same privileges as men. Although efforts are being made to bridge the gender gap in the Muslim community, the Arab World is ranked last overall globally in the WEF Gender Gap Report. However, some things have changed about the way Muslim women see themselves and their culture in recent times.
Therefore, if you are interested in dating a woman from this culture or having a daughter, there are some facts you should know about Muslim women and girls in 2022.
Muslim Women are Intelligent
Nowadays, more women and girls have more access to quality education. This implies that Muslim Women in 2022 are more informed and outspoken than ever. Although they might seem actively involved in running the household, Muslim women are well aware of the family challenges and needs.
As an educated person herself, the Muslim girl knows what it takes to raise intelligent kids in this generation. Therefore, these women must be encouraged to share their knowledge with their kids or siblings. Besides, children spend a lot of time with their mothers.
Muslim Women have Their own Opinions
If you give your woman a chance to share your worries, you'd be surprised by how helpful her opinion would be. Especially when it comes to family affairs, Muslim women are very informed and actively involved.
Sharing and communion are essential for every relationship to thrive. Therefore, giving your Muslim wife or girl child the freedom to express herself is healthy for your relationship.
Muslim Women are Ambitious and have Their Considerations
- Unmarried young women must accept the control and authority of men until they are legally married; this is true for both young Muslim girls and women who are not yet married. Worldwide, women make up 25% of parliaments, 7% held by Arab women. Although the men dominate the political scene, this shows how involved Muslim women can be if given the opportunity.
- For a Muslim woman, personal ambitions and dreams are sacrificed for a place in matrimony. These women are very submissive to their husbands and may not always get the chance to speak out. Everything they do is based on obedience and submission to authority.
- Furthermore, there is a lack of trust between men and women regarding expressing themselves and expressing their feelings. Generally, not being able to express oneself freely could cause anybody to feel vindicated and depressed. Research shows that depression is the leading cause of Illness for many Muslim women.
- Because of this, Muslim girls are looking for different methods to build their life, regardless of their religious beliefs. These women are prone to bearing a grudge against men, especially when she feels insulted by them, even if it happens unintentionally.
Motherhood of a Muslim Woman
- A woman who has given birth to a child is considered virtuous and highly valued in the Muslim community. In Islam, women are considered more potent than men because of the pain and discomfort they have to go through to bear a child.
- Before now, the maternal mortality rate was very high in the Arab world. Mothers dying after childbirth were very common, and young infants barely lasted five days. Thankfully, Muslim women in 2022 have access to better medical treatment, and the maternal mortality rate has reduced by 60% in the previous 20 years.
- Furthermore, mothers dedicate too much time and attention to their children's education and their husbands' well-being. Muslim women have to put in so much time, and effort is well-known. If you study the Quran, you can learn more about the hardships faced by mothers in this culture.
Yes, Muslim women's culture teaches women to be selfless and devoted to their families. However, this does not give men a license to order girls around or impose their will on them.
As a man, wisdom is shown by listening to and following his mother's advice. This religious confession is all about expressing gratitude to one's parents.
Taking care of your wife for her role in the birth of children, as well as the prospect of their role in the upbringing of your children, is an integral part of dating Muslim women. Furthermore, it would help if you learned to respect and acknowledge the efforts of your partner or daughter.
Is There a Gender Gap in Muslim Women's Culture in 2022?
Throughout history, women have been limited or restricted from partaking in many things. From religious affairs to politics and even internet usage, there is a huge gender gap between Muslim men and women.
- According to the 'Connected Women 2015' research, there are 84 million women in the Arab countries who do not have access to a mobile phone due to the region's mobile phone ownership rate of only 48%. Even though 91 million women own a mobile phone, there's still a gap of about 8 million people, when compared to the number of males who own these devices. Across the region, there is a 34 percent gender disparity in Internet use.
- Due to this gap, westerners view the connection between Muslims and their women as sexist because of the men's rough treatment of their women. It's not surprising that many Muslim women travel to the west to seek a better life in a gender-friendly society. Some of these women are willing to take husbands regardless of religion or race.
- During an Islam trial, a women's testimony is also half-counted, meaning two women make up a whole witness. This is because women are more vulnerable to threats and manipulation than men.
- To avoid abusive or ignorant marriages, women are given a smaller share of the property of their parents. Because it's difficult to tell who loves you and who loves your money if you're wealthy, women are naturally given less property unless a parent specifically grants the entire property to their daughter.
When it comes to Muslim households, some do not adhere to the teachings of the Quran. A family of devout Muslims who lives by the precepts of the Quran will never allow themselves to treat a woman in a disrespectful or neglectful manner.
Muslim Women's Culture in 2022: Wives' Attitude
- If you aren't a Muslim man, but you're looking to marry a Muslim woman, you must accept her religion and customs for the relationship to work. Nevertheless, it is essential to have a mutual understanding with your partner regarding religion.
- Nowadays, a woman's right to work is just as strong as a man's. Either she chooses to be a stay-at-home mom, or she works to provide for the family. In either scenario, you have no business passing judgment on her decisions or criticizing them; she'll take care of everything independently. The best any sensible husband would do is support his partner by possible means.
- Regardless of gender, everyone in the family helps out with household chores. Especially if varied strength levels are required, household activities should be distributed equally. In Muslim households, women are forbidden from doing strenuous household chores such as cutting wood for the fireplace or fixing things.
- They are very protective of their societal reputation and want everyone to know their husbands respect them. If you're planning to marry a lady of this culture, avoid dirty jokes, lousy remarks, and sex talks. You must learn to be a gentleman for her and give her a sense of security when she's around you.
Involvement of Muslim Wives is Necessary
Muslim women in 2022 desire active involvement in every aspect of family life; these include concerns about money, children's education, and upbringing. A modern Muslim wife is also concerned with issues regarding one's parents, ill-health in the immediate household, and close friends.
Deciding as a couple is essential: these decisions should be made with mutual respect and benefit both parties and the family. Patriarchy is not based on a code of conduct; understanding, respect, and involvement in the lives of each other are all part of the equation.
Recognize Your Limits and Respect personal space
There are times when your wife would disagree with you on an issue. These disagreements are bound to occur in every relationship, and they can build stronger bonds if adequately handled. When such challenges arise, there's no need to urge her into doing something she's unsure about.
- In any case, it's not proper to be pushy about your opinion alone, and each of your claims should be supported by a solid rationale. Women are prone to being overly sentimental at times. If you believe that your position is logical, find a way to demonstrate that you're correct in your reasoning.
- Always remember that the views of Muslim men and women are intertwined in Muslim culture. Therefore, you should understand where her ideology roots from. Furthermore, getting married to a Muslim woman implies that you are not entitled to physically abuse her, neglect her needs, or deny her from her family.
Taking a bride and starting a family in Islam is more than providing for your family's financial needs. It's an opportunity to show your respect for the elderly members of your family, as well as how much you care about them.
The Strange and Unusual Facts about Muslim Women
One peculiar thing about Muslim women is that they dress to cover most parts of their bodies. There are various kinds of clothes worn by Muslim women; these include:
- Hijab (a veil that covers the entire head, save face);
- Burka (a full-body veil with mesh over your eyes);
- Chador (an all-over cloak);
- Dupatta (a shawl) (a long scarf fixed around the head and the shoulders with an open face).
The choice to cover one's hair is solely between a woman and God, hence it is not required that she wear a veil. In addition to concealing a woman's body, veils are used to ease her daily life and protect her from social evils.
Hijab is an excellent choice for women since it shields them from the harmful effects of the sun rays; women who wear hijab tend to be healthier.
While it is permissible for a Muslim woman to date, it is expected that she will be accompanied on her dates by a member of her family. Although some men would find this uncomfortable, it's an opportunity to introduce yourself and discuss your intentions for your girlfriend.
Another interesting thing about dating an Islamic is her reasons for declining a suitor's proposal. She's free to reject a prospective husband because she believes he is less educated or affluent than she and her family.
Last update: 04/24/2022