She looks at you with interest and finds your jokes amusing. It seems that she's shy and a bit nervous about something when you're around. What does it mean? Is she flirting or merely trying to look polite and charming? How to tell if a girl likes you? What are the first signs?
Even if you've been in a long-lasting friendly relationship with a girl, it's hard to understand whether she has a romantic interest in you or not. Hopefully, there's a list of signs a girl likes you. Read further to dispel any doubts.
When a Girl Likes You She Uses Body Language
Pay attention to her posture and gestures. The following things signify that a girl is emotionally attracted to you:
- She tries to face you all the time. No matter where you spend your time and where you lead a conversation. When a girl likes a man, she turns her torso towards him. This body language element demonstrates her open-mindedness and confidence. Crossed legs and arms usually signify the opposite – it's a barrier caused by shyness or reluctance to step into a dialogue.
- When a girl feels comfortable next to you, she feels free to stand closer and even touch you from time to time (however, this does not necessarily mean that she's physically attracted to you – it's a sign of trust).
Of course, body language is not a universal indicator of a person's attitude to you. If you want to know how to tell if a girl is into you, consider her religious values, upbringing, background, education, and family values.
Eye Contact Matters as Well
Eyes make up the most crucial part of any conversation. Not every girl is confident enough to demonstrate her feelings using body language to the full. However, the eyes show more than they expect. It's a matter of psychology and physiology – some things cannot be controlled.
- Pay attention to the pupils – they will dilate if she has a feeling for you;
- If you unexpectedly catch a girl staring at you, it means that something makes her curious about your personality.
The eyes are windows to the souls. They show thoughts and emotions unintentionally. No matter how hard you try to conceal your feelings, your negative or positive thoughts and desires will show off.
How to Know if a Girl Likes You: the Context
The interpretation of the body language is only a part of the problem. Things get harder when you try to link it to a particular situation. Here's what you need to understand:
- If she touches your hand for a second while you chat sitting in front of each other in a café, she might be flirting with you. If the same thing happens when she wants to attract your attention to something, it may be just a friendly gesture.
- If she's looking at you attentively without breaking the eye contact in the process of a conversation, it doesn't necessarily mean that she is flirting with you. She might be taken with a discussion and excited about a smart interlocutor. Yes, it's highly probable that she is intrigued by your personality, but it is not always connected with romantic mood or flirting.
Innocent Physical Interaction Explains a Lot
How do you know if a girl likes you? Any dating service pays attention that the first sign of her emotional involvement is her willingness to be physically closer to you. Her behaviour might look friendly and innocent. Nevertheless, it can signify her desire to attract your attention to her.
- A girl touches your hand or shoulder to check how you respond to this innocent interaction that does not commit to anything. She wants to understand whether you notice it or not. If you feel like the girl tries to touch you from time to time and make it look like an amicable sign, keep in mind that it can be a part of her seduction strategy.
- If a girl avoids touching you but still looks you in the eyes demonstrating genuine interest, she might be too polite or reserved to get in accidental physical contact with people, even if it's only about modest touches. You can try to break the touch barrier on your own.
- Don't expect too much from reasonable mates' movements and touches when she wants to attract your attention. Quite a lot of people feel comfortable about touching other people, and it does not look like flirting to them.
Random Hugs: That's the Point Where You Should Be Attentive
When a girl likes you, she often demonstrates it with friendly hugs. Here is what you need to remember:
- Does she address the hugs mostly to you when you spend time in a company?
- Are her hugs friendly and fast or gentle and affectionate?
- Does she stroke you with the tips of her fingers as if trying not to let you go at the end of the hug?
If you can give a definite answer to at least two of these questions, it's highly probable that she fancies you as a potential partner for a long-lasting romantic or a casual relationship.
There is nothing wrong in case if you find it abusive or unpleasant. Just be polite and tell her you don't feel comfortable getting physically closer to people in general.
If you find her hugs pleasant, show her that her stealthy flirting methods are effective and hug her in return. Overall, hugs are innocent; you will not insult anyone with it.
How to Know if a Girl Likes You in 2019: The Essentials You Rarely Notice
- Her friends' reactions. If you notice her friends stop talking when you come up to them or see them glancing at you from time to time, she might have a crush on you, and they are aware of it.
- The way she reacts to your compliments. If she makes compliments about your looks and other qualities, try to respond. Tell her she has amazing eyes, or mention that she looks fit and athletic if she's keen on sports. The reaction in her eyes will show her affection.
- Sense of style. Every girl sticks to an individual style. She alters it in case if she wants to attract anyone's attention. It's like getting to a party with a lot of people she needs to impress for some reason. Have you noticed that she wears more beautiful clothes when you're around? Has she started wearing a new lipstick when she knows you both are going to meet? She might be trying to impress you.
- She tries to get in touch with you. She writes to you in social media, tries to text you from time to time, and comments on your photos. That's a very troublesome situation because you'll have to find out whether she's romantically attached to you or wants to be your friend. IN any case, regular texting means she wants to find out more about your personality and certainly intrigued by you.
How to Tell if a Girl Is Into You: Subconscious Things
One of the most significant signs a girl shows off when she fancies you is mirroring. If you touch her hair or let your fingers run through them, and she copies this gesture a couple of seconds after you, it's a subconscious movement she does automatically.
Does she try to imitate the intonations in your voice and lower it down to make herself sound on the same level as you are? She's trying to show that she's on the same wavelength as you. It may be a sign of either friendly or romantic intentions. Nevertheless, it shows her positive attitude and willingness to communicate.